- Do you like being outside in the fresh air?
- Do you have a passion for Hamble?
- Would you like to join a small team of dedicated staff looking after the Parish Council’s assets?
Hamble Parish Council is seeking an Estates Assistant for 12 months to help our fabulous estates team keep the village clean and tidy. A typical day might include litter picking, room and IT set up, carrying out daily inspections around the village, putting up notices in the Council’s notice boards, cutting grass and pitch marking, as well as seasonal tasks such as hedge cutting.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy being outdoors in all weathers; likes dealing with members of the public and can be self-organised and reliable to deliver a first-class service. You must be physically fit, have a basic level of written English, and be able to use technology to record and report issues. Most importantly you must be able to work in a team.
In return we can offer a full time 12-month contract subject to review. You will work one weekend in every four. Benefits include:
- Up to 37 hours per week including one weekend in every four.
- Some flexibility in how the hours are worked based on the right candidate
- Hourly rate of £10.21
- Membership to an Employee Assistance Programme providing 24-hour access to free and confidential counselling and advice services
- Parking Permit for the Foreshore Car Park
- Full Uniform and PPE supplied
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Holiday entitlement is 23 days per year rising to 26 after 4 years’ service
Application form and person specification is available on the website along with other supporting information at https://hambleparishcouncil.gov.uk/job/estates-assistant/
For an informal discussion contact email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Monday 22 August
Interviews will be held on Monday 5 September 2022